Do any of these tests look helpful for you?
Here are some of the benefits available for free to Medicare beneficiaries
— no co-payments, coinsurance or deductibles — when provided by
health-care professionals who accept Medicare.
• Annual mammograms for women 40 and older.
• Cervical cancer screening, including a Pap smear test and pelvic exam, every two years or annually for women with a high risk of cervical cancer.
• Colorectal cancer screenings every 10 years, or every two if at high risk, for people 50 and older.
• Cholesterol test and other cardiovascular screenings every five years.
• Diabetes screening for people at risk for the disease.
• Medical nutrition counseling to help people manage diabetes
or kidney disease (three hours of individual counseling the first year
and then two hours annually).
• Annual prostate cancer screening (for men 50 and older).